Saturday, April 3, 2010

why is stuff, well, difficult?

Not a good day emotionally, or food-wise for that matter. I woke up under a dark cloud and it hasn't really shifted yet. I am full, but I really want to spend the whole night snacking, which is not going to happen. :(

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 slice bacon, 130g fried mushrooms, 1 slice toast, tea.
Lunch: FAIL! We were on the run so I got a lettuce, chicken and garlic mayo wrap. She asked me if I'd like it toasted and despite my better judgement I said yes. The heat in the oven was so great that the mayo actually curdled (yes, it became disgusting lumpy cheese) and rendered the wrap inedible. I then ate three bites of the husband unit's sandwich and had half a cup of vegetable soup. Completely unsatisfying.
Dinner: Steak fajitas with salsa and sour cream. I ate past the full-point because I was ravenous.
Post dinner snack: I've had a small Easter egg sitting around the house for weeks. I decided to eat it as a planned Easter treat. I now feel quite bloated and sick (which doesn't prevent me wanting to snack further). I am relieved it's out of the house though, which I realise isn't normal but hey. One day at a time.

This afternoon I realised a dream of mine and went to see the beloved play by Brian Friel Philadelphia Here I Come, along with possibly Ireland's stupidest audience. This is a work of heartbreak, loneliness and despair, and the audience laughed hysterically at the most poignant and agonising moments. There were parts where I was actually crying because of how sad it was, and the morons around me thought something funny was happening on stage. At one point I even noticed the confusion of the actors at the audience's response. It completely and utterly ruined the performance for me. That and the constant rattling of junk food papers - at the theatre! Hello! Have you people no class at all?!

As you can see, I am not in a sunny mood.

Argh!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel much better soon, some audiences can be so frustrating! I remember going to a play and the audience was so terrible that the actors had to ask them a few times to be quiet-talk about ruining it for everyone else!

    xx

    ReplyDelete