Friday, April 16, 2010

go underdogs!

Last night we went to the cinema to see "The Blind Side". I really enjoyed it. Apart from it being a genuinely great (and true) story, it was refreshing to see Christians portrayed positively in a creative medium for once. I know we deserve our bad rep, but hey, there's good stuff there too.

At the cinema I had a 46g bar of Galaxy chocolate. It was great.

Food today:

Breakfast: 2 small slices of apricot bread, 100g of yoghurt with a tablespoon of blueberries, 1 slice of light cheddar and a handful of grapes. A mish-mash, but really good.
Lunch: 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of baked beans and 2 slices of poppyseed toast.
Snack: 2 mandarins, 1 square of 85% dark chocolate.
Dinner: Fish pie (made with salmon and prawns) topped with mashed potato, and lots of steamed broccoli on the side.
Post dinner: I helped Kevin make a cake for our niece's birthday party tomorrow, and I ate 3 Malteasers and then I licked the spoon. If you know what I mean. :)

Today I have been quite hungry and have had to operate some self-control with portions. Most days I don't feel physically hungry except right before mealtimes (this does not diminish the constant urge to binge, which remains present, whether faintly or at a high volume, almost all of the time). I am off out to the pub now to spend the evening with some friends. I won't be having any alcohol as my kidneys couldn't take it right now, but that's ok. I know I will be tempted by the crisps and peanuts. I don't know what to say about that because I have a "no deprivation" policy. If I really want some, I'll have some I suppose. A small portion of nuts never hurt anybody...except for all those people who've gone into anaphylactic shock and you know, died. Cheers everyone!

1 comment:

  1. ...if you know what I mean.

    Love it!

    You are so brave. Thanks for updating us. I feel "in". I'm praying for you, lovely friend!

    ReplyDelete