Thursday, April 8, 2010

official weigh-day

I weighed in this morning at 251, which is a loss of two and a half pounds this week. Considering the Easter chocolate, desserts, alcohol and fried foods I consumed in the last week I'd consider that as much a small miracle as a victory.

Breakfast today was a slice of rye and sunflower bread...one of those big, oblong German slices. I cut it in half and ate part of it with peanut butter and the other part with ham and cheese.

Both lunch and dinner will be eaten out today, so they're variables.

I did 30 minutes strength training last night, as planned. I really enjoyed it. Sometimes I am surprised at my own strength. On the leg press I did 4 sets of 8 reps at 133kg (292.6 lbs)! (Compare that to upper body strength where the most I can usually manage to lift is about 30kg (66lbs).) I came home and made myself a delicious soy latte.

Right, I have to go do some "journalling" (barf). It's actually very helpful!

3 comments:

  1. we surprise ourselves quite often when we do things that we once thought were not doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCELLENT, my friend! Small miracles/victories are to be remembered and applauded.

    Will you make me a delicious soy latte this summer? Pretty, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to it already Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete