Sunday, April 25, 2010

strawberry smoothie dessert

So I made smoothies for me and the Husband Unit for our evening meal. They were delicious and filling, so I thought I'd share. Bear in mind they have quite a few calories, which is why they make a good meal, as opposed to a drink. I will probably make them again for a quick breakfast. If you want to cut calories, leave out the peanut butter and maple syrup.

These smoothies are very thick. If you like them thinner, use less strawberries or more juice/milk. I like them thick, because it's like having a big glass of dessert.

This makes about 2 pints, so 2 large servings (450 calories approx each) or 4 medium (225 calories approx each).

Ingredients:

350g frozen strawberries
150g strawberry yoghurt (I used Glenisk low-fat)
1 banana
1 cup of orange juice
Half a cup of low-fat milk
Quarter cup of oats
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
2 teaspoons of peanut butter

Method:

Blend. Eat with a spoon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good!

    BTW: we also like thunder and lightnings. I hope, it's nothing odd about this!

    ReplyDelete