Sunday, April 25, 2010

pfff

Last night we went to a great seafood restaurant in Howth, called "Deep". I had goat's cheese, followed by cod, and the Husband Unit had fish cakes, followed by blackened salmon.

It was wonderful.

We also walked on the pier with 99s. For anyone who has never experienced a 99, it's a vanilla soft-serve ice cream on a wafer cone with a chocolate flake stuck in it. (I only managed to eat about a third of mine...I just can't do quantity the way I used to.) 99s are fantastic and are the stuff of memories for Irish kids growing up in the eighties and nineties.

Today:

Breakfast: Pumpkin banana oats with cinnamon, raisins and peanut butter.
Main meal: Grilled chicken breast with a roasted sweet potato and ratatouille with chorizo.
Evening: Nothing yet. Maybe some fruit salad and yoghurt.

I am feeling physically unwell, and emotionally extremely out of sorts. I didn't make it to church today. The urge to binge hovers on the fringes at all times. It's lashing rain and earlier, I heard the biggest thunderclap I've ever heard in my life. Even though the rain is depressing (and the cold - and I can't turn the heat on because the boiler needs to be serviced), I do enjoy thunder and lightning. I always have. Is that odd?

3 comments:

  1. 99s have become ridiculously huge, and thunder and lightning storms are wonderful.

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon bud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lads. This general feeling of being under the weather is getting very old. I need an IBS cure. Which does not exist. :(

    ReplyDelete