Monday, April 26, 2010

monday mundanity

Still not feeling 100% physically (still having abdominal pain etc.), but emotionally I feel quite a bit better. Last night I really argued with myself about food. Specifically I back-and-forthed about ordering a Chinese takeaway. The Husband Unit also fancied one. But I decided in the end that I was definitely doing it to make myself feel better, and that's not a good motivation for eating (for me). So I contented myself with another delicious and exciting glass of water.

Food today:

Breakfast: Watermelon and honeydew melon, 2 slices apricot bread and a little cheese.
Lunch: Pork stir fried Chinese-style with carrots, onions and mushrooms, with a tablespoonful of egg noodles.
Snack: Apple.
Dinner: Red lentil dhal with home-made rotis.

I saw "Cemetery Junction" today and it was great. I had a moment (or two) of overwhelming longing when queuing to buy our tickets at the concession stand, surrounded by sweets, chocolate, popcorn and nachos.

I bought shoes for an upcoming wedding (€4!) and we went to IKEA for a filing cabinet which is being enthusiastically constructed as I type. Here too I resisted the meatballs and Daim cake, as well as loading up on treats to take home in their supermarket section. I really do feel bombarded by food wherever I go. :(

Might hit the gym tonight...but the Indian spices from the dhal do tend to repeat if you work out after eating. Mmm. Are the spice-burps worth it?


3 comments:

  1. How anyone can resist a chinese is beyond me. Fair play. *gives a standing ovation*. Also legend on the carrot sticks idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :)

    Yeah, if you're having a hard time getting vegetables into your meals, finding ones you can snack on between meals is a good idea. Sugar snap peas, raw carrots and sliced red peppers are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also thoroughly enjoyed Cemetery Junction. The main character looks like a rougher, more attractive version of Bolander.

    ReplyDelete