Wednesday, April 7, 2010

return of the blimp

Well, there have been no updates because I have been away visiting my parents.

Food and activity goes as follows:

Sunday:
Breakfast: 2 slices of wholewheat toast with peanut butter.
After church: 2 glasses of champagne with some strawberries, 3 chocolate eclair toffee sweets.
Lunch (at a friend's): A handful of chocolate raisins, a handful of pistachio nuts, several slices of cheese, a white bread roll with ham, 1 tablespoon of Vicki's delicious chicken salad, 2 tablespoons of Sheena's delicious potato salad, some salad greens, 1 slice of roast beef. Another glass of champagne.
Dinner (at my parents' place): Cold, sliced smoked ham, boiled egg, salad greens, tomatoes and 1 slice of batch bread with butter.
After dinner: 1 hot port.
Exercise: None.

Monday (still with the parents):
Breakfast: 2 slices of wholewheat toast, 1 cold boiled egg.
Snack: 14g of raisins.
Dinner: More smoked ham with steamed potatoes, carrots and turnip, with parsley sauce. Raspberry trifle.
Snack: 1 apple.
Evening meal: 1 cup of vegetable soup, 2 slices of brown batch bread with cheese and a large slice of watermelon.
After dinner: 1 hot port.
Exercise: 40 minute leisurely swim, and a 45 minute walk on the beach.

Tuesday (with the parents until 4pm):
Breakfast: Chocolate banana oats.
Snack: 1 Twister ice pop.
Lunch: 1 rasher, 1 sausage, 1 egg, 1 slice of white pudding, handful of chips, 2 slices of white sliced pan and butter.
Snack: 1 apple.
Dinner: Chicken Caesar salad with shredded carrots and cherry tomatoes.
At a birthday party later: 1 gin and tonic.
Exercise: 6km walk.

Wednesday, today, so far (home again!):
Breakfast: Banana raisin oats with 1 tsp of peanut butter.
Lunch: Sesame Caesar bagel with rocket and red peppers.
Planned dinner: Home-made chicken curry with basmati.
Exercise: 1 hour walk in the sunshine.
Planned exercise: 30 mins strength training at the gym.

Well. I have lots of reflecting to do on the last few days, but now is not the moment, as I have a busy evening ahead. Those of you who pray for me, please continue to do so. One thing that I have been reminded of this week is that I am focusing too much on what goes into my mouth and not enough on what goes on in my head. The last few days have been a constant battle against my parents' desires to feed me up...constant offers of food and alcohol...they mean well, but it's so difficult, and I'm tired.

Group therapy last night was emotional, but not painful, and very helpful. More on that later. S'long, waifs!

2 comments:

  1. Good to have you back!
    Was your hour-long walk, our walk? I presumed our usual gig wouldn't be on as you'd been away. Sorry if you were abandoned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I assumed the same as it's Easter week...it was a stroll late in the afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete