Saturday, May 1, 2010

wedding eats

Well, not a very successful day for eating. The Husband Unit was very ill this morning with an upset stomach so our plans of getting to the gym and having a large brunch before a 1pm wedding went out the window, and I ended up eating too much later on as a result. I went a very long time without food (as did everyone else present!). However, I did not binge, and largely that is what this journey is all about.

Breakfast at 9.30 am: 1 egg, 1 slice granary toast.
Snack at 3.00 pm: Two thirds of a yellow Snack bar (that's shortcake biscuit and chocolate).
Lunch at 3.45 pm: 1 slice of roast beef with a scoop of mashed potato, half of a roast potato, and some carrots and cabbage. This was followed by a latte which came with a small coffee biscuit, and a purple snack bar (which is a chocolate sandwich biscuit).
Dinner at 7.00 pm (wedding BBQ): 1.5 sausages, 2 spare ribs, 1 slice of marinated chicken, 1 tablespoon of potato salad, mixed green leaves, 1 small bread roll and 2 slices of bread (this was all irresistibly home-baked) - all with butter. Dessert was two delicious hand-made chocolates and a carrot-cake muffin. I also drank about five glasses of white wine!

Yikes.

Eating lightly for the next few days might be in order!

I still find special occasions confusing. I battle the urge to binge mixed with the need to feast and celebrate appropriately. The most important question however seems to be whether or not at these events I am feeding my hunger, or my emotions. Today, I was clearly feeding my hunger (the only thing that had me in grumpy form was the six hours between breakfast and lunch!). Getting too hungry is always a problem. I eat FAR more at meal times when I am extremely hungry. Perhaps a solution to this is to carry nuts and fruit with me when meal-times will be unpredictable.

There is no way I would have eaten as much as I did today if I had had lunch at between 12.30 and 1.30, as I usually do.

Oh well, live and learn.

The wedding was beautiful, although unfortunately we left early, due to having to travel tomorrow morning for the Husband Unit's work. As I am typing this I am realising that it will be another unpredictable day in terms of food, so it might be worth packing some snacks now to prevent a midday binge.

Hope you're all enjoying a relaxing weekend. I'm going to go drink 5 litres of water to flush all this alcohol out of my body so that I can get up in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment