Thursday, May 20, 2010

snacktastic

Boring post ahead (nothing new there says you). I am still snacking! After lunch I had a strange sensation where it seemed like I was craving some fats. That's why I went with the chocolate and cheese. (Well, that's my story and I'm sicking to it.)

Sometimes when I am hungry I know that it is not true hunger and I can sit it out, or have a glass of water or a cup of tea. Lately though I really have felt flickers of genuine hunger between meals. I do think it's hormonal, but I didn't feel the same way at this time last month, so I don't know. Anyway, it seems that I have hunger I can ignore, and hunger I can't (shouldn't?) ignore. That's what I experienced an hour after lunch today. It can be satisfied with small snacks thankfully, but I think somewhere I still think of snacking as the gateway to binging, which is not true. People who have a normal relationship with food snack all the time. I just need to make a concerted effort to have plenty of healthy snacks around the house.

Breakfast: Chicken Caesar bagel with rocket and red peppers.
Lunch: 2 soy veggie burgers (not good), on 1 bun, with light cheddar, onions and ketchup. I didn't finish my second burger. 1 apple.
Snacks: 2 squares dark chocolate, 1 slice light cheddar.
Planned dinner: Not sure yet. I'll update later, but I'm thinking we might get a Chinese take-away, oOoOoh.

Edit: We did get a Chinese takeaway. We got a chicken curry with boiled rice, some chips (fries) and some prawn crackers, all of which we shared. It was still a huge portion each - how did we eat a full portion before?! Anyway I am very full and satisfied now. We are off to a farewell party so I am looking forward to a glass of wine. G'nite!


No comments:

Post a Comment