Saturday, May 8, 2010

not a low calorie week!

So I participated in the 5am 5k run this morning for the suicide prevention charity, Pieta House, in the Phoenix Park. It was great! I only managed to run about half a kilometre though - it was my first experience of running on ground rather than on a treadmill, and it's much harder! My goal is to run the entire 5k next year.

The sun rose as we walked and jogged and chatted. The Husband Unit ran the whole thing without breaking a sweat. :) Five of my friends participated too. When I crossed the finish line, Husband Unit was there to cheer me on. What a great feeling!

The BBQ was lit when we finished and everyone enjoyed delicious sausages and was given soft drinks and muffins. Our goodie bags contained a tshirt, a keyring, pens and various snacks and bite-size treats. Any calories burned while walking were quickly recovered, and then some!

I came home and napped very sweetly. I'm now eating a very late lunch of oats. Very strange food day!

Breakfast at 3.30am!: Half a bagel, buttered.
Post 5k: 1 large pork sausage in a bun with ketchup. 1 chocolate muffin, 1 lollipop, 1 bottle iced tea.
Lunch: Banana oats with peanut butter and raisins.
Dinner: Chilli con carne with all the trimmings, and a small portion of home-made chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream (it's my friend's birthday).

No comments:

Post a Comment