Wednesday, May 5, 2010

midweek malaise

Today has been a very glum day. I got up around 7.45am with the Husband Unit for our usual prayer and breakfast, although for once, I had no appetite for breakfast and just managed a cup of tea (very unusual for me). After he left for work I went back to bed for an hour. The hour turned into three hours and it was almost midday when I woke, after a stream of bad dreams.

In the afternoon, when I was still in my pyjamas, the doorbell rang. It was a delivery man, with an enormous bouquet of spring flowers for me! I couldn't believe it. I assumed immediately it was from my husband, as that is exactly the kind of thing he does for me all the time. The card however was unsigned. It simply read; " A little colour for you :) ". I would take a photo, but my camera isn't working. Suffice to say it's a very extravagant and gorgeous arrangement.

If the person who sent me this is reading, please, please let me know who you are. This is not the first time I have received a beautiful anonymous gift and while it's wonderful, it's also frustrating. Somebody has just blessed me and I want to know who! And I want to thank them and let them know just how their gift brightened my day. Thank you, whoever you are.

The flowers encouraged me oddly enough to get dressed and get something to eat.

Brunch: Large wholewheat pitta with 2 tsp jam, 2 tsp crunchy peanut butter, a medium banana and a handful of strawberries.
Dinner: Chicken breast, stuffed with goat's cheese and wrapped in ham, baked, served with cranberry sauce, roast potatoes, gravy, broccoli and carrots.
Planned snack: The husband unit is bringing home a small treat later - either some Malteasers or a little bar. I plan to enjoy this with a nice cup of tea.

After a couple of weeks of general vexation, I have decided I am going to re-start the job search in earnest. I can't go on like this, with no routine, forever. I scan the job adverts most days, and apply for one here and there, but I think I actually need to get out into the city with a hundred CVs and just apply everywhere with "Staff Wanted" signs. I need work, man!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a gesture! Clearly God-sent encouragement. Good on you, mysterious flower-bringer.

    ReplyDelete