Wednesday, March 31, 2010

neeeeeeew shoooooooooes?

I feel too distracted for a proper update. It was a good day emotionally, but I ate an extra portion after dinner without thinking about it! It was leftover chicken and I ate it while cleaning up. That kind of mindless eating is never good. :( I think I'm feeling a little anxious about my interview tomorrow.

I started writing this update at home...but now I'm in my friend's house, babysitting her children, while my husband and her husband have gone to rescue her and her clapped-out car somewhere on the road back from Galway. Fun times! The boys are sleeping (or very nearly) so I'm just sitting downstairs doing a little research for tomorrow.

I got my new runners today: so far they are very comfy. Time will tell though. Here is a picture (although mine are black, not blue).




Also, I got accepted to do a Higher Diploma in Theology starting in September, which I'm quite pleased about.

So as I said, emotionally I've done well. I was with friends all day which does help somewhat. I walked for about an hour, although with the presence of a particular toddler the pace was somewhat hampered. :) Since dinner I have been alone, and I've been grateful for this time, as it's been a very busy week, but I am also a little plagued with the desire to eat. Especially here, late at night, in my friend's house. I had small plans for a hot bath and choosing the right outfit for tomorrow but it's not going to happen and so I want to eat instead. How will eating improve how I feel tomorrow? How will eating help me to feel less tired or stressed? It won't. Plus, I already ate too much today.

Breakfast: 1 rasher, 1 egg, half a bagel, tea.
Snack: 100g blueberries, 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt.
Lunch: Leftover turkey meatballs with 40g of pasta and some watermelon.
Dinner: Roast chicken with squash, broccoli, sugar snap peas, potatoes and gravy, with fruit salad for dessert (honeydew melon, watermelon, blackcurrants, blackberries and raspberries).
Snack: Mindlessly chomped chicken leg.

I definitely got in my five fruit and veg today!

Tomorrow night we are eating out at a family event. I already know in advance that it's a set four-course menu. I am trying not to be strange about it, or to think about it a lot. Without doubt I'm going to eat more than I would normally tomorrow night (well, more than usual for my "new-normal"). I need to try not to go into binge-mode. I think I'll stay off the alcohol and try to avoid the baskets of bread, and also try to stop eating when I'm full. At least one positive change is that I am not focusing on it as a motivational goal-post; I'm not thinking to myself, "I can resist this chocolate now because I know I can eat loads on Thursday night." Seriously, that is what Weight Watchers did to me. I lived for "treat-days". How broken!

I guess that was a proper update after all. Just goes to show you I haven't a clue what I'm talking about most of the time!

2 comments: