Wednesday, March 24, 2010

account

So yesterday I ate:

Breakfast: Spicy pumpkin oats with 1tsp peanut butter. Strawberry tea.
Lunch: Chicken caesar bagel with rocket and red peppers.
Snack I: 2 tiny mandarins.
Dinner: 2 pork and apple sausages with mashed potato, onion gravy, tenderstem broccoli and steamed carrots.
Snack II: 1 cup hot milk (semi-skimmed) with 1 teaspoon drinking chocolate.

I visited my GP for a chat about everything. I wanted her to know what I am doing. She took my blood pressure (which was very good) and weighed me. I plan to return to her in six months (or sooner if I get sick in between) for an update. She was extremely supportive.

I walked for two hours and had a kinesiology appointment, which although interesting and relaxing, I don't think is for me. :)

Then I went to group therapy and I don't think I have processed that time sufficiently to really talk about it yet. It was an extremely raw experience sitting in that room.

I will say one thing though. I was expecting a lot of skeletons and/or hideously obese people who universally looked terrible and seemed miserable. This is not what I encountered. The age-profile of the group ranged from about 20-35, with perhaps one person over 40. They were all women and without exception, they were beautiful and well-dressed. If accents are anything to go by, the socio-economic range of the group was fairly wide. The conversation was intentional and well-directed, and both positive and realistic. The topic for the evening was "fear". Despite my best efforts I cried quite a lot and couldn't get a word out. There was lots of back-patting and congratulations at being there which I found extremely difficult. They gave me a book. I read 50 pages of it on the train home and it's blowing my mind.

Scales says: 258

No comments:

Post a Comment