Monday, March 22, 2010

broken record

I was pretty starving all day (emotionally, I suppose, as I was well-fed) and thought about food rather a lot.

Breakfast: A boiled egg with a wholewheat seeded bagel. Tea.
Lunch: Fake pumpkin oats with peanut butter. More tea.
Snack I: Cold, hard boiled egg (leftover from breakfast - I couldn't manage two eggs at the time)
Snack II: 100g blueberries with 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt and 1 square of 85% dark chocolate. Lemon and ginger tea.
Dinner: Sesame beef stir-fry. Broccoli, Chinese leaf, scallions and sugar snap peas, steam-fried, and tossed with noodles and soy sauce. This was kept warm while strips of lean beef were flash fried with sesame seeds, coated in a little honey and some more soy. I topped the noodles with the saucy beef mixture and devoured.

Wasted an hour preparing a black bean chilli from the BBC Good Food magazine for tomorrow's dinner, which tasted like beany barf. No thanks!

Tomorrow night I venture into the murky depths of "group therapy" at a food distress clinic. It might be a load of cock. But, it might not. Talking about it there might give my poor husband some relief...



No comments:

Post a Comment