Monday, March 29, 2010

recap

Well, as you'll have seen, I left the house in foul form today. Perhaps it was just "Monday blues," although why an unemployed person would have those is beyond me. Perhaps it was the terrible weather. Perhaps it was the annoying and unsettling phone conversation I had before I went to bed. Perhaps it was the poop in my shoes. We shall never know.

Anyway, I forced myself out into the rain and went to band practice, which all in all, was fairly productive. There was a good bit of random thrashing about playing chunks of favourite songs and howling along, but we did some fruitful work too, with the foundation laid for two new songs. Soon we will conquer the world with our mediocre tunes and charmingly scruffy appeal.

I cheered up as the day went on, although I didn't get to have lunch. I had grabbed some fruit, yoghurt and nuts on the way out the door, but forgot a spoon, and the spoons in the practice rooms were too foul to consider putting in my mouth. (The toilets there are so dirty that every week I hold in my pee for over five hours so that I won't need to go in there.) I didn't get to eat my fruit and yoghurt until about 5.15pm. After practice I went to a friend's house for dinner, and then out for coffee. By the time we were sitting in Starbucks chugging down soy lattes I was feeling much brighter. By the time I got in the door tonight I was positively chipper. (Mmm, chipper.) The day has been redeemed.

Food:

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, two small slices of toast, tea.
Lunch(ish): 1 banana, 20 raw cashews, 100g of blueberries and 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt.
Snack: Apple.
Dinner: Shredded chicken with a delicious home-made relish, with broccoli and carrots, and 2 tablespoons of brown rice.
Snacks: 2 soy lattes.

The lattes probably raised my calorie intake a little higher than is optimum, but they were worth it. Group therapy tomorrow. S'long twigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment