Wednesday, March 24, 2010

felicitations to me

Greetings, skinny earthlings.

Today my desire to overeat whirred in the background like a white noise cd, without ever quite reaching full volume. It did cross my mind at one point when I was passing a shop to go in and get a bar of chocolate (no-one would know...one bar won't affect your weight...and other assorted lies), but then I thought about confessing that here. And then I thought about lying about it here. Neither option seemed like a good one, so I opted out of the chocolate.

I walked for a couple of hours again today. The sun was shining, the sky was blue(ish) and my companion was a cheery twenty-month old full of chatter and observations about everything we saw.

I ate a bit more than I wanted to today.

Breakfast: Spiced pumpkin oats, again. (My squash stash is gone now, so that'll be the last one for a while.)
Snack I: This is the problem bit. Breakfast was at 8am, but by 11am I was quite hungry (genuine hunger today rather than emotional hunger). I was heading out for a long walk and I knew it would be a couple of hours til lunch, so I ate a slice of seeded bread with a some ham and a slice of cheese. It filled the gap but it was more like a meal than a snack.
Lunch: Chicken caesar bagel with rocket and red peppers.
Snack II: A tangerine.
Dinner: We had friends over, so I made pizza, pasta and salad. I usually avoid such meals when I am "on a diet" but I really desire to be balanced, and these foods fit perfectly well in a balanced diet, in moderation. I made three pizzas - chorizo and sweetcorn, ham and mushroom and a loaded one with all of the above, plus green peppers. I made pesto pasta and a creamy tomato pasta. I ate two slices of pizza, 1 tablespoon each of the pastas, and a large mixed salad. It was great.

I knew I would be tempted to binge on the pizza tonight, so it was a bit of a test. The test was less about the quantity I ate and more about my emotions surrounding the meal. I did a little stimulus control, placing the pizza on the counter behind me buffet style so you'd have to get up to get more food. This was helpful. I was really content with the amount I ate and have decided to give myself credit for a little victory. Well done me.

Yes, that's right, I am now a saddo who will now regularly congratulate myself for the smallest things. Seriously. So get used to it waifs! *waves fist threateningly*

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! It can be so hard not to binge sometimes.

    It's lovely to meet a fellow christian on this weight loss journey!

    Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read this kind of quickly, I thought you were talking about me. "My companion was a cheery twenty-month old full of chatter and observations about everything we saw," and was like, "really?"

    Anyway, lookin' forward to reading more *&^*$%& blogs, snowy. Thanks for sharin'....good laaad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comments, whoo! Thanks for the support lads. Sammy I'm checking out your blog now.

    Debo, when are you gonna start blogging, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza behind you? Genius! Didn't stop me eating all your pasta and then asking you to swap bowls! Legend!

    ReplyDelete